I love the wisdom contained in this verse and the promise that God instructs and teaches the right way!Isn't it good to know that we aren't left to figure life out on our own. God will instruct us. He will give us wisdom.
This week our ministry staff met to share ideas to inspire one another on to excellence. I'd like to share the questions we considered; I encourage you to contemplate them as well:
1. What is God's current mission for your life?
2. What keeps you from fulfilling that mission?
3. By God's grace, how can you creatively and intentionally accomplish His mission?
Our objectives, as a ministry staff, are:
· To “SEE” the one.
· To not get sidetracked from ministering to the person because of our own need for results.
· To never put our needs before ministering to the person God puts in front of us.
· And finally, to keep our measuring stick of success focused on our personal relationship with God, loving Him above all, staying committed to share the love of God (in hopes of helping to transform lives) and to never get caught up in statistics.
As we contemplated our mission we also discussed a coupleUniversal Truths...
· We will never accomplish God's mission by accident—we must be intentional.
· And, second, excellence doesn’t just happen—we must step forward in the right direction. Andy Stanley said, “Direction, not intention, determines our destination.”
So, today, I wanted to encourage you to spend some time before the Lord, and invite Him to share His solutions to the following questions:
· What do you need to do intentionally this week to accomplish His mission?
· What needs changed to ensure you stay headed in the right direction?
And, be encouraged; God will instruct us and teach us the right way!