What do you do when your energy has been zapped? What do you do when your storage tank is depleted? What do you do when no one seems to run to your aid or offer you help? Well, the only place we can go...to the AUTHOR and FINISHER of our FAITH. OUR 1 SURE FOUNDATION...our HELP IN TIME OF TROUBLE--JESUS!
Matthew 11:28-30 says: "Come to me , all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." (NIV)
So, how do we come to Jesus? What does that look like?
Here are a few helpful hints:
- Make time for Him. Be intentional. Spend time sitting silently in His presence.
- Pray sincere prayers--simple prayers like: HELP. Lord sustain me. Encourage me. Fill me. Empower me. Give me strength
- Renew Your thoughts. Spend time in His Word. Remind Yourself of His promises. Listen to worship. Fill your mind with the truth.
- Speak the truth out loud. Messages constantly bombard the weak and weary. Fight back with the truth. Jesus said you shall know the truth and the truth will set you free. Align your thoughts by speaking His Word out loud. Speaking it out loud offers encouragement and is extremely powerful.
- Reach out to others. Live transparently. Authentically. I love Ecclesiastes 4:9-12, it says: "Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up! Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm . But how can one keep warm alone? Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken. (NIV)
Keep pressing on...GOD IS NEAR!