I've been thinking a lot about the life of David lately and have decided I want to be more like him. What I love about David is that he was known as a man after God's own heart.
David's passion for God separated him from his comrades.
* While tending sheep He praised God.
* When uninvited to the family celebration (with Samuel) David didn't get discouraged...and guess what? God sent him a special invitation and anointed him as King.
* When others saw Goliath, David saw God!
* David didn't concern himself with pushing his way into the palace, He simply
remained faithful where he was found...and again...God positioned him to royalty.
* When King Saul attempted to kill him 6 times, David chose to spare the King and
not take his life...the end result--God avenged him!
What has God called you to? Do you worry about how YOU are going to FULFILL GOD's PROMISES? Do you shrink at the sight of Goliath? Do you seek revenge against your tyrant kings who seek to destroy you? Or...do you like David choose to seek GOD?
David didn't seek Titles! David didn't seek Recognition! He didn't demand His way! He didn't focus on HIS abilities! He focused on God!
Matt 6:33 encourages us to "...seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." NIV
Do you face a huge battle? Don't fear...Don't be discouraged! 2 Chron 20:15 says, "Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God's." NIV
How about it...will you join me? Will you resist the temptation to cower before your giant and instead turn your focus toward God? Will you resist your desire to take revenge on your tyrant kings and allow God to protect you? Will you seek after God with all that is within you, loving Him above all things?
PRAYER: Father, we give You our life. Use us for Your glory. Help us to follow passionately after You! Help us to keep our eyes focused on You! We put our trust in You and love You. In Jesus name, amen!